Joho States ODM Will Compete For All Seats in 2027 Except Presidency



Ca
binet Secretary for Mining and Blue economy Hassan Joho has announced that Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) will field candidates in all elective positions in the 2027 General Election, except for the presidency.

Speaking during Eid al-Fitr celebrations at Ummu Khulthum Mosque in Kizingo area, Mombasa County on Friday 20th, March 2026, Joho dismissed growing calls for political zoning, terming them unnecessary.

“As ODM, there shall be candidates, and we shall vigorously campaign for our candidates, including myself as a member of the party,” he said.



Joho emphasized his commitment to actively campaign for ODM aspirants in the 2027 polls, underscoring his longstanding ties to the party.

“That’s our party, and we will do anything to support it and vehemently defend it. I am an ODM member, even if I don’t currently hold an official position. I am a founding member. I served as National Organizing Secretary and as Raila Odinga’s deputy for ten years. This party belongs to us the people,” he added.

The CS also downplayed divisive coastal politics, saying such approaches are outdated and urging leaders to focus on development agendas.

“Our trajectory is about unity of the people. We want development, and we want our voices heard. Time for politics will come and thankfully, I am good at that too,” he said.



Joho further called for tolerance, compassion, and unity as Muslims marked the end of Ramadan.

“Remember the poor, remember the orphans. As we celebrate the end of Ramadan, we thank God for His mercies. Let’s embrace peace and spread love,” he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mombasa Digital Taxi Drivers Issue Three-Day Ultimatum to Bolt Over Reduced Fares

Parliament Liaison Committee Meets in Mombasa to Clear Legislative Backlog

Government Urged to End Abductions Across the Country